Monday, February 3, 2014

Hello Blogging World

I am OniChild

"Oni" 2009

Greetings!


You may have heard of my name before, probably as a Zelda fan-artist way back when fan-sites were all the range in the early 2000's.  Since then, I started drawing my own comics with original characters and stories such as "Oni" (currently in development) and worked on some other projects for friends and clients.

Here I am to share my artwork, process, experience, frustrations, tips, interests and findings, and anything else that might help your own art-making or something that's simply interesting.

My first tip:
Always doodle/sketch, and always practice.

(More [detailed] about me after the jump)


Back when I first got obsessed with "The Legend of Zelda", I posted fan art everywhere I could.  It wasn't until 2005 where I really started doing my own things, starting with "Oni" and another comic series called "The World of Gaea."

The Zeldanime Project

In 2009, I proposed the idea to Crazyfreak to revive the Zeldanime concept snapshots she created, based off of the old 80's TV adaptation of "The Legend of Zelda". Since then, we've been working on the comic while balancing school and work, we finally finished our first "episode" of over 100 pages, from February 2010 - April 2013.
We did it!

After that and graduating college in spring 2013, I started to focus on my own career, meaning I had to (sadly) peel away from Zeldanime to work on my own personal projects and to start my career as an artist.

Well, here we are!

Check out my other (social media) sites and follow:
Facebook
Twitter
CGHub
deviantART
Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment